All committee, coaches, team managers and other members are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting of Dodges Ferry Junior Soccer Club to be held on Friday 31st May at 7pm at Okines Community House, Dodges Ferry.
There will be a short meeting, a few formalities (but no pressure) and we’ll share a tasty meal. Kids welcome too.
At the meeting:
- the committee will report on the previous year including the activities and financial position of the club
- two motions will be proposed:
- to adopt an updated constitution including a six member committee, smaller quorums and a Jul-Jun financial year to better reflect the way the club now operates (see below)
- to apply for audit exemption as a small not-for-profit organisation with turnover well under $40000 per annum (see below)
- all committee positions will be declared vacant, nominations for new committee members will be invited and a new committee will be elected (President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer plus two general members)
Please consider nominating to join the committee – all positions will be open and with at least one committee member stepping down it’s time for someone else to step up!
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any of these details, please contact one of the committee members.
- committee is the 4 office holders + 2 other members (quorum for meetings is 4)
- a quorum for general meetings including AGM is 7 including at least 3 office holders
- a special general meeting can be requisitioned by 10% of members
- financial year July-June with AGM by 30 Sept
- the public officer is the secretary
- no cash payments over $50, all other transactions by cheque
- any association rules not specified by the updated constitution defaults to the model rules for associations
“We request the Commissioner for Corporate Affairs exempt our association from an audit for the last financial year. We confirm we comply with the following requirements:
- our total revenue is $40000 or less;
- our total assets (not including real property) is $40000 or less; and
- the association has provision in their rules for members to requisition a special general meeting.”